The SACE Year 12 exams follow a framework for source analysis:
Refer to the separate sheet of sources when answering this question.
Examine the sources carefully.
Answer all parts of the question.
- Examine Source 1. Identify … (1 mark)
- What two conclusions can be drawn from Source 2 about …
Give evidence from the source to support your conclusions. (2 marks)
- Examine Source 3. How credible is this source?
Give reasons for your opinion. (3 marks)
- To what extent is the information given in Source 3 supported by Source 4?
Give evidence from each source to support your argument. (4 marks)
- Examine Sources 4 and 5. With reference to the content and nature of both sources, assess their usefulness and limitations for a historian studying World War I. (5 marks)
- ‘INSERT QUOTE HERE’
Evaluate this statement with reference to all the sources. (5 marks)