Refer to the separate sheet of sources when answering this question.
Examine the sources carefully.
Answer all parts of the question.
- Examine Source 1 (FBI Files). Identify the aim of the Black Panthers, according to the FBI. (1 mark)
- What two conclusions can be drawn from the first few paragraphs of Source 2 (HLS) about the founding of the Black Panthers.
Give evidence from the source to support your conclusions. (2 marks)
- Examine Source 3 (10 Point Plan). How credible is this source?
Give reasons for your opinion. (3 marks)
- To what extent is the information given in Source 3 (10 Point Plan) supported by Source 4 (Executive Mandate No 1)?
Give evidence from each source to support your argument. (4 marks)
- Examine Sources 4 and 5 (photo). With reference to the content and nature of both sources, assess their usefulness and limitations for a historian studying the Black Panther Party within the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. (5 marks)
- ‘The Black Panthers and their methods were an obvious next step to fulfilling the equality aims of the CRM’
Evaluate this statement with reference to all the sources. (5 marks)