9Pope Fri 7.8.15 / Tues 11.8.15
9dewhirst Mon 10.8.15
*** both classes finish by Thursday 13.8.15 ***
In a group of 3-4, spend a few minutes on these questions (write in exercise book):
- Name 3-5 Australian political parties that you know
- What do you know about them?
Research some of these political parties.
You should investigate the Australian Labor Party and the Liberal Party, plus two minor parties. (For a list of Australian political parties, try here)
- Why did each party begin? When?
- What group or type of person does the party try to appeal to (who might vote for this party?)
- From its website, what would you say is the major issue for this party? Why?
- What is the party’s position on
- asylum seekers
- university education
- climate change
- one other issue important to you
Work on each party together. Write these in your own words in your exercise books.